Light superficial complexion peels are an effective exfoliating, regenerating, and stimulating treatment for a variety of skin problems. The acids used for this treatment can vary depending of skin type and tolerance. We select from a range of acids from Alpha Hydroxy and Beta Acids to TCA and Retinol.
It is suggested when scheduling this treatment to allow yourself some down time just in case the skin exfoliation is more than expected. Even though there will be anticipated peeling, the skin at various stages of progress, may experience heavier sloughing. Usually this is never more than 1-2 days. With some procedures you are as not to wear make up or do anything to the skin for two days. You will be advised of this and given the appropriate home care instructions.
It is impossible to predict exactly what may happen to the skin. Listed is a general description of what to anticipate.
- Immediately following the treatment, the skin will feel very smooth and tight.
- There may be a color change - pink to red the first day and then a brown tone until peeling occurs.
- The skin will generally begin peeling in 2-3 days, however peeling can take place anytime for the next 7 days.
- The skin does not always visible peel. It may take 2-3 treatments for this to happen. There are many other advantages from a skin peel.
- Benefits from these procedures may be smoother and softer skin, a healthier glow, less oil, more moisture, refined pores, an improvement of discoloration, diminished fine lines, and increased acne control.
You will be asked to discontinue use of Retin A, Renova, and AHAs for a week. It is required that you wear a sunscreen daily and use the appropriate home care topicals.